T-Mobile Unlimited Email Plan - $9.99

The cost of smartphones have definitely come down in the recent months. I remember three years ago when I first go into it, a relatively cumbersome smartphone would cost you $500 with no incentives or rebates. These days, you can pick up a nice smartphone as low as $0. I was able to pickup my AT&T 8525 via Amazon.com at for $79.99(MSRP $599).

The data plans, however, have always been expensive. Most plans have always been around $29 to $45 depending on the carrier. I remember complaining about the lack of wifi and high cost of mobile data plans which can keep the growth of mobile market behind. Lately, I noticed a trend in reducing the cost of data plans. TMobile has always been the leader in cheaper data plans. I remember my BlackBerry 7100 utilized a $19 unlimited data/email plan. Then, came the AT&T’s iPhone Data Plan at $19.99. Somehow, I found out about a similar AT&T data plan known as the Media Max 200, which is also $19 for my 8525 as well. I believe Sprint is one of the carriers lowering the cost of their EVDO plan as well.

I ran across this Blackberry Pearl offer as I was checking out the T-Mobile lineup this afternoon. In this promotion, they are offering $9.99 Unlimited email plan to new Blackberry Pearl customers signing up with a voice plan. I think its aggressive and I applaud Tmobile’s attempt to attract more customers in the consumer smartphone sector. Although I personally would need the data part of it for websurfing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment