New Google Interface for the iPhone

As the iPhone paved the way for enhanced interfaces and touch screen capability for the phone, Google launced a revised version of their home page exclusively for iPhone users on Wednesday. It was said that it was revamped to make better use of the iPhone's touch screen, Wi-Fi, and Safari browser.

A member of Google's Mobile team stated, "I set out to create an application that would preload my favorite Google products and allow me to switch between them instantly. I wanted Web results as well as image, local, and news results without having to repeat my search. I wanted to check Gmail and my news feeds in Google Reader without having to load a new page every time. I also wanted Google Suggest to save me time typing queries on the virtual keyboard."
I have to say this is the perfect step in the right direction as phones have become "cooler" with larger screens, innovative touch screen capabilities, and easier navigation. Now if they would only hurry to add the 3G, Corporate mail (Outlook/ActiveSync), Navigation, and a better onscreen keyboard to the iPhone...

0 comments:

Post a Comment