TMobile HTC Dream, G1 or Android Phone

Folks, meet the TMobile Dream or HTC Dream or G1 or Google Phone. Whatever it will be named, this is the Android boasting smartphone with all the buzz. We are about 10 hours away from the official launch event but Engadget got some updates from TmoNews and found these pictures with following specs:

* HVGA 480x320, 65K Color
* 3.1MP Cam back, VGA Cmos Cam upfront
* GPS
* WiFi
* No Stereo Bluetooth (I think there is regular bluetooth)
* Google Apps (Maps, Cal, YouTube, GTalk, etc.), Gmail Acct is req'd
* 5.6oz. 4.6" x 2.16" x 0.63 (kind of a big boy phone)
* Data plan req'd, no prepay plans allowed

I gotta admit, from these views alone, I can't seem to be aroused by these product images. This looks like a love child of an HTC Tilt and iPhone. However, Google typically has a way of launching cool things that makes me eat my words. So I am still holding high expectations for this phone, more importantly, the Android OS that will ultimately change the way mobile community behaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment