Review: Otterbox Defender iPod Touch 2G and 3G

Recently, I reviewed Otterbox's popular tough case Defender for my iPhone 3G. I wanted to see if the company's Defender case for an iPod Touch (3rd gen.) is just as tough. In short: Yes! The Defender case for iPod Touch is very similarly designed as the iPhone version. An outer rubber casing which covers up all the ports is holding a 2-pc. inner polycarbonate case together. A built-in screen protector adds more protection. This signature design is what makes the defender so sturdy and somewhat bulky which gives the iPod Touch a physical thickness equivalent to an iPhone in a regular case (see comparison pic.)

Trading off the added thickness is the incredible ruggedness from the Defender. I just haven't seen another case on the market which protects your precious iPod Touch to this degree. While Otterbox says it does not protect against water intrusion, I feel alot more comfortable leaving a beverage nearby then any other case I've owned. Although the case does leave a cutout near the top of the case for the auto-light sensor, Otterbox says auto brightness will not work with the 3rd gen. iPod Touch. The only thing I noticed about this case is the rubber casing feels a little slippery at times; its no deal breaker and the case provides adequate traction in my pockets to stay put. At MSRP of $29.95, the Defender case is probably the toughest protection one can buy for his/her iPod Touch 2G/3G.

0 comments:

Post a Comment