Garmin Nuvi 200 for $149

My father and mother in-laws live throughout Southeast Asia. Their main residence is in the capital of Malaysia, KL. On the weekends, they love taking their beloved Mini Cooper S on road trips to Singapore or up to Peneng. As the mobile go-to guy in the family, they've come to me for their GPS solution. You see, companies like Tom Tom and Garmin are not investing money to develope maps and POIs in smaller markets. So even if a car in Malaysia is equipped with GPS Navigation, there would be no DVD maps to run it with.

Thanks to the fine folks at Malsingmaps.com and their contributing members for coming up with their own customized Garmin maps w/ POIs for most of the GPS devices on the market today, I was able to setup a Garmin C320 for my in-laws to enjoy. They've since really enjoyed having a full working GPS to use throughout that region and be the envy of their friends. Lately, they've been complaining about not being able to get a fix on the GPS location so I am now checking out what is available economically from Garmin for purchase as a replacement.

I came across the Garmin Nuvi 200 from Amazon.com. I remembered this being in the $350 range when it first came out on the market about 1 year ago. But the price I found today is $150 shipped (no tax for me, NY resident). This is a great price for a nice little 3.5" Garmin GPS about the size of a deck of cards. Once I know the C320 is broken for sure, I will pickup this device for them as replacement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment