Review: Griffin Elan Form Graphite iPhone 3G Case

The Griffin Elan Form series hard shell cases for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch(s) are popular. So popular that it comes in various flavors of styling. The Mobile Experience blog is proud to say that we've covered the reviews for the classic Elan Form as well as the Elan Form Chrome. I would have to say that the latest Elan Form Graphite is by far the best Elan Form ever made and here is why.

Style: The Elan Form Graphite is the best looking Elan Form Case to date. Featuring a carbon fiber -like design on the back makes it look like its very cutting edge (which is what the iPhone 3G is all about). The bezel on the front (and trims throughout the back side) is made of a smoked chrome trim (much like the Griffin Reflect Case). The overall style is very low-key and exotic, something right up my alley. Since it has the same Easy-Docking design as the Elan Form, its both more sturdy and convenient than the Reflect case.

Fit: The fit is the usual good Griffin quality. Much like the Clarifi, Nu Form and Elan Form, it is made of two pieces which comes together from top and bottom. The bottom can be easily removed for docking. The case comes with a cleaning cloth to help you wipe down the screen for the included static-cling screen protector. If I haven't mentioned before, Griffin's screen protector is one of the best quality. It affixes easily and once installed properly, its so clear its as if it wasn't even there. Applying the screen protector can take some practice and I have noticed that if I catch a lint on the sticky side, I can never remove it (as I wash it off, I attract more lints).

Conclusion: All together, the Elan Form Graphite looks very nice on any iPhone 3G (black or white). The biggest selling point has to be the smoked chrome trim around the iPhone which brings back the same iPhone chrome bezel design in a more stylish-low-key design. The carbon-fiber style on the back of the case is very sleek and accentuates an iPhone's cutting edge theme. If you are interested in the Elan Form Graphite, I don't think you'll be disappointed. MSRP: $34.99 and available online.

PS - I asked my wife if I can borrow her iPhone 3G White for the photoshoot since it usually comes out with better photos; afterward she liked this case so much she decided to keep it over the Clarifi case (which has been my favorite). From my Elan Form Chrome review, I had thought this case would be more appropriate for guys, but I guess this style at close-up is a big seller for boys and girls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment