Affiliates and Coupon Sites Invade Mobile Experience

Recently, I shared a story where I placed an order via mobile using Amazon.com app and what a great mobile experience that was. With mobile users in mind, the folks at FreeShipping.org, a popular affiliate marketing publisher has decided launch an iPhone app to provide free shipping and discount coupons to all popular online retailers. As an online marketer by trade, it was nice to see my 8-5 job's affiliate marketing codes on the "FreeShipping" app. Whether an online retailer is ready or not, the mobile commerce is happening and cool apps like "FreeShipping" will take the eCommerce eco-system to mobile.

The "FreeShipping" iPhone app is the second app this company has produced. Their first app launched is called "Coupon Sherpa" (couponsherpa.com) which is catered towards accessing printed coupons for brick and mortar stores. Already an iTunes staff favorite, "Coupon Sherpa" is also providing great mobile experience for users. I can't think of how many times when I walk into a brick and mortar store wanting to buy something only wishing I had printed out the 30% off friends and family coupons that I saw on my favorite affiliate marketing websites. With this app, you can easily retrieve the coupon on your iPhone and show it to the store clerk.

Both apps are great compliments to each other and as for me, it becomes another great mobile experience addition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment