Where is the Mobile Experience going?

Apple iPhone, in my opinion, is one of the biggest influence in mobile movement for the smartphone market because it has become the "it" device for personal task management. For a commuter, an iPhone does quite a bit from media player, email communication, web surfing to unlimited potential via a friendly mobile app store (for mCommerce, utilities, etc...).

With Palm Pre coming next week, I can't help but wonder just how will this new device transform our mobile experience. If its anything like the Android, which is great but nothing exceeding what the iPhone has done, then it would just be another "flavor" of the existing mobile experience.

I am hoping for more, by more, I mean to be further detached ourselves from a personal computer and rely on smartphones solely. I want the mobile browser to be truly capable of handling secure pages, complex forms and tables, flash video and more. I want multi-tasking and more CPU power. I yearn for the day where I can truly rely on my smartphone for everything I need from a laptop.

I am anxiously awaiting for 6/6/09 to find out what the Palm Pre can deliver!

0 comments:

Post a Comment