Intel My WiFi Technology, Very Cool Mobile Experience

One of the features on my new laptop, Toshiba R705-25P, is the Intel My WiFi Technology. It basically turns the laptop itself into a wireless router capable of hooking up with 8 different devices.  There are so many cool applications for this, for example, you are paying for wireless at the airport and a friend/colleague/family member also wants to surf the web, bang, share it! Also this is totally cool for when you are in a hotel room where they only have ethernet connection and you'd like to have your WiFi devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) connected.  With Intel My WiFi enabled laptops, you can make that happen.

In my scenario, my manager has asked if I can bring in my iPad to work to demonstrate a project we've been working on but it would require internet connection (WiFi in my scenario), since we don't have wireless internet at work, I can bring in my laptop and hookup to the Ethernet, and ensure I get a wireless connection that way. This feature combined with an ultra portable laptop makes for a total, amazing mobile experience.  Imagine the possibilities when the said laptop is tethered to a 4G smart-phone...

0 comments:

Post a Comment