Imate Ultimate 9502, One Bad Ass WM6 Device

I ran across this bad boy yesterday at a local shopping mall in Jakarta. The i-mate Ultimate 9502 is a slider-based windows mobile 6 smartphone with a very impressive spec sheet. I am just going to jump right into the main course for you: quad-band (GSM 850/900/1800/1900) and WORLD WIDE Tri-Band 3.5G (HSDPA 850/1900/2100) w/ an astounding VGA 640x480 resolution over a 2.8" screen. I almost forgot to mention integrated GPS.

In addition, it packs in the usual goodies such as full QWERTY keyboard, WiFi (802.11b/g), Bluetooth 2.0, 128MB RAM, 256MB ROM and MicroSDHC support. i-mate has got the right idea by supplying a powerful 1530mAh lithum ion battery to keep up with this power hungry beast. The flyer I got even indicates some sort of presentation/projector support and Ubergizmo confirmed the support of USB keyboard. Amazing!

I wished the vendor had a working demo for me to test; strangely, mobile vendors throughout Jakarta never have any working demos for customers. I ran into the same thing at the Sony Ericsson and LG stores.

Based on what I am seeing, this phone is probably the best WM6 device available today. The cost here is 7,500,000 RP or equivalent to about $800USD which is quite steep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment