Sprint Mogul GPS is Awesome

A while ago, I wrote an entry about Sprint Mogul's (aka HTC Mogul) delayed in delivering its GPS functionality. Shortly after that, Sprint released a firmware which allows all of their Mogul users the ability to navigate via TeleNav.

This weekend, I've had the pleasure to test out the Sprint Mogul in person and I am quite impressed by this phone, especially its GPS functionality. Unlike my N95-3 which requires the slider to be open and takes atleast 2 minutes in a non-moving state to get a satelite fix, the Mogul can get a fix while traveling at 70MPH under 30 seconds. Using EV-DO, telenav's maps are loaded quickly to keep up the demand. Re-routing is also quick. I can hold the phone inside a car, away from the windshield while remain connected to the GPS satelite. All of these blows away N95's GPS performance.

In addition, the overall built quality and design for the Mogul is quite nice as well. The overall profile is thinner than my previous phone AT&T 8525 (HTC Hermes or TyTN) with a much better slider mechanism that is spring-loaded. The buttons give a better feedback as well. To be quite honest, I am very impressed at the Mogul, if this had been my last phone, there is a chance I would not have upgraded to the Nokia N95-3 especially now that Skyfire Beta is available for full web browsing experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment