AT&T Data Network Down in NYC? 05-17-2008

I've been having trouble accessing my MediaNet data network using Nokia N95-3 all morning. At first I thought it was because I was tampering with the WiFi/3G setting with Fring last night. But it doesn't look to be the case. Since then, I've done the following:

1. Reset the Nokia Factory Setting (Tool/Setting/General/Factory Setting with default code 1-2-3-4-5) - still has no internet connection
2. Soft Reset the phone by typing in *#7370# unlock code 1-2-3-4-5 - still has no internet connection
3. At this point, the phone is back to barebone factory OS setting, no applications impacting what-so-ever...
4. I called AT&T support, and they were very good about troubleshooting for me. Today, the lady rep registered my unlocked phone's IMEI to their system to match with my SIM. They checked out my account and everything looks fine as well as gone through a process called "provisioning" to ensure I have all the settings. Just before she past to off to "tech support" team, I was disconnected.
5. Thinking it might be due to the 3G network down, I switched my phone into EDGE network only, and problem persists.

Prior to being disconnected, there are some known technical issues around NY area, says the rep. I am hoping that is the reason why I am having so much trouble... however, my iPhone's EDGE data seems to be uneffected.

I am at lost for words and solutions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment