Review: Griffin iClear Case for iPhone 3G 3GS

Searching for a slick looking, low-profile and exercise friendly iPhone 3G/3GS case? Take a look at the Griffin iClear for iPhone. On its own, its a great looking see-thru case which preserves that sexy iPhone style but it also comes with a belt-clip + workout strap so you can take with you on the go, hands free!

For the longest time, I've been using what I deemed, the best iPhone 3G/3GS case, aka Griffin Clarifi. Over the weekend, I decided to treat myself a little bit and decided to switch over to the newly arrived iClear case (at time of posting, iClear is on backorder for $29 but can be found elsewhere online for a bit cheaper). iClear has a basic 2-halves construction which can come apart when dropped. Although the two-halves snap together pretty snug, I still affixed two small pieces of scotch tape on both sides as additional protection incase I ever drop the case (seeing that I'll be using this at the Gym, its better safe than sorry as we all know how fragile iPhone 3Gs are).

After I installed the case, first thing I noticed is how slick the case presents itself. The top half of the case is completely see-thru which preserved the polished trim on the face of the iPhone. Griffin always include a cleaning cloth and a good piece of LCD screen protector which sits nicely below the top case trim. The bottom half of the case has a matted finish (aka a translucent appearance) which will be good to hide all the scratches compared to cases that are fully transparent and can start to show more wear and tear over time.

The back of the case has two notches which is intended for the belt clip. With the belt clip attached, you can rotate your phone in increments of 90 degrees. By adding the included arm-band to the belt clip, you can transform this case into a workout case (which is the reason why the iClear is quite popular and is sold out almost everywhere I looked online).

Overall, I am quite happy with this case and would easily say its one of the smarter designed cases for an iPhone. The only improvement I can think of is to include a bit of rubber material on the backside to prevent the phone from sliding out of pants pockets. Otherwise, I think I found another winner from the Griffin collection!

0 comments:

Post a Comment