iPhone 2G, Firmware 3.1.2(7D11) and Pwnage 3.1.4

It's been a while since I've played with the PwnageTool (almost 6 months since I've upgraded to a contracted iPhone 3G account). My old iPhone 2G has been kept around just as a glorified iPod Touch. That said, I do miss having Copy and Paste on this old iPhone as well as starting to feel left out when new app updates require firmware 3.0+.

Reading the latest updates from the awesome iPhone Dev team, looks like Pwnage 3.1.4 for Mac is rocking out and pwn'ing the latest 3.1.2 firmware with ease. According to their blog post, previously unlocked iPhones doesn't even have to enter the dreaded DFU mode.

I simply grabbed the Pwnage tool 3.1.4 and build a custom firmware based on the latest 3.1.2 (7D11) for the original iPhone (2G) and Option-Restored the custom firmware within iTunes onto my iPhone. Since I am not using this iPhone any longer for phone calls or data plan, so long as it has the latest firmware and supports a few apps here and there, its good enough for me. Again, this old iPhone is not functioning as a basic iPod Touch for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment