Review: Griffin Clarifi in White Finish

Readers of this blog may know that Griffin Clarifi iPhone 3G & 3GS case (orginal review)has been my all time favorite for two reasons: 1). It adds a macro-lens function to the phone and 2). It looks very slick and has a much appreciated low profile. But until recently, this case is only available in a glossy black finish.

I managed to get a review unit of the recently released Clarifi w/ White Finish for my wife's white iPhone 3G so it will no longer feel like it is going through identity crisis. Since the function of this case did not change, feel free to refer back to my original review to see why I love the macro-lens so much. In my previous review, I often refer to the original case's glossy black finish as Darth Vader-like; in this new finish, the glossy white reminds me of the Storm Troopers, how funny. The new finish compliments white iPhone 3G or 3GS perfectly. As a reminder, I really prefer having portions of the backside composed of a rubberized material which prevents the phone from sliding out of your pocket easily.

Overall, this Clarifi case update is every bit as good as the original black ones, the only major difference is that I noticed screen protectors are no longer part of the package; if you have been holding off buying the original Clarifi case due to its color, I'm pleased to tell you that this white Clarifi case is here to please. [MSRP: $35 , available directly from Griffin]

0 comments:

Post a Comment