Prediction Corner: Next Gen iPad to Cost Less and Feat. Cameras

I am starting a new recurring column on theMobileExperience.com called "Prediction Corner".  Given that I've argued so passionately about many of the mobile-related subject-matters, I'd like to officially document my predictions and then follow it up weeks or months after to see if my prediction comes true.

Date: 10/18/2010
Company /Gadget: Apple iPad
Prediction:  The next generation of iPad will include at least a front-mount camera and will be priced cheaper than today's $499/$599/$699 pricing tiers
Rationale:  Given the lackluster sales and enthusiasm about current generation of iPad and the Android-based Tablets heating up the market place, lowering of price while offering some basic hardware spec that should have been in the first generation is the obvious move for Apple to either convince the first generation owners to upgrade and try to win more purchases from those sitting on the fence.

(----------- I will update this portion below in the future to validate my prediction -----------)
Date
Reality

0 comments:

Post a Comment