Review: Griffin Elan Folio for iPad

I have decided to give my iPad a real go and replace my paper notebook and pens at work to see if it can become my right hand man at work.  As part of the preparation, I wanted to find a good case/cover for the iPad so I can protect it from the day to day.  When Griffin launched their new Elan Folio case, I thought it'd be great to go for a test drive with it.

Griffin Elan Folio is a porfolio style case that allows you to slide your iPad into the case providing ample all around protection. The cutouts for all the ports, switches, speaker are perfectly aligned so you can have full control of your iPad.  The case allows you to prop up your iPad into two standing positions (both for landscape view).  All in all, the Elan Folio is a very professional looking case; the iPad looks very handsome inside this case.

There are a couple of feedback that I thought could be improved: unlike the Elan Passport for iPad, this case doesn't have the pockets lined up the inside of the case cover (which proved to be handy when I'm at off-site meetings).  Also, the case can only be setup to prop the iPad in landscape view, it would have been nice to be able to prop via picture mode as well.

If you are looking for a handsome looking case to protect your iPad that can be used to prop up your screen in landscape mode, Griffin Elan Folio (MSRP $49.99) case should be one of the consideration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment