iPhone 3G GPS and Apps

I've been back to the west coast for the past few days. In SoCal, driving and car ownership is a lifestyle. With the greater Los Angeles area spanning across a vast desert plain, I was a little rusty with the roadways to trek in between cities like San Diego, Irvine, Walnut, Cerritos, Anaheim, Rowland Heights, Orange, and Diamond Bar. To my surprise, iPhone 3G GPS works pretty quickly. Using Google Maps, I can quickly cold-sync up with the satelites vis AGPS and know my whereabouts.

The real cool mobile experience was this: since I often travel in groups of three vehicles or more. Instead of giving directions to other friends and family members. I simply turn on Loopt and have my location updated automatically. Other friends and family would use Loopt to find my whereabouts. No more "hey, text me your location and directions".

0 comments:

Post a Comment