Spotify for iPhone | video tutorial

Spotify for iPhone

is the best thing to happen to music since Napster. Imagine iTunes, but everything is free. You click on a song, it starts playing. Not kidding. You make a playlist, and it is given a permanent URL [such as this one] that you can share with friends so they can listen to your preselected tunes, without having to send any files. I can safely say that I’ve practically stopped pirating music after becoming a Spotify user last December. Sure I still grab leaked albums, and download my favorite albums in high quality FLAC, but for the majority of my music listening needs, I just depend on Spotify. I still remember the first time I even ran the application. I though to myself “this is going to get shut down really fast,” but then I went to the About page and saw that the company actually signed deals with all 4 major record companies. From someone who has more external hard drives than a Chinese bootlegger, trust me when I say this: Spotify is the best thing to happen to music. Oh and it is coming out in America by the end of this year.

All that praise aside, there are two problems: 1) It doesn’t work offline; granted, if you’re in a country where you can get a connection with little to no problem, you do not have an issue 2) You can’t use Spotify while on the go.

This video in you tube demo shows the solution to both of those problems:



I also have to congratulate the PR team. I get a ton of bullshit email from public relations people. It’s the nature of the job. The one I received from Spotify is priceless

0 comments:

Post a Comment