Cingular 8525 in High Demand in LV

I am visiting friends and family this week in the world famous Las Vegas, Neveda. Both of my in-laws are obsessed with the new 3G smartphones released by Cingular last week. One of them was able to hunt down the Samsung BlackJack which I must say, is a gorgeous piece of hardware. I got a chance to play with it in person and I must say Samsung pulled off an ultra-thin smartphone without the need of touchscreen, very slick!

Going back to topic, we drove around sin city in search of the Cingular 8525 and store after store told us how limited in quantity were received (3 to 5 per store) and they have been sold out immediately. I was utterly shocked by the demand from the good folks living in Vegas and their demand for high quality mobile devices. Perhaps this is driven by the fact that Las Vegas is one of the few test markets for Cingular's HSDPA/UMTS 3G data network.

0 comments:

Post a Comment