You are now Allowed to Unlock YOUR Phone

A recent ruling by the US Copyright Office will allow mobile phone owners to unlock their phones so they can be used across other carriers.

Personally, I think phones should come unlocked, period. I never understood the reasoning behind locking any cellphones to a specific carrier. For the most part, majority of us have a 1 to 2 year contract that ties us to a given carrier which will prevent us from hopping to another carrier anyways, so why do we have to live with a locked phone.

Whenever I get a new phone, I immediately request the unlock code and instruction from my carrier. The main reason is because I do travel to Asia occassionally and I'd like to have the freedom of knowing my phone could work while I am in another country. My second reason is because I don't like the fact that my phone is 'locked'. There is nothing more to it... I paid for the phone and I am already 'locked' into a contract... I refused to have my device 'locked'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment